Botanical Garden was founded in 1889 by Antun Heinz (1861 – 1919)
Professor of the University of Zagreb. The Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics owns the garden. The first plants were planted in 1892. 10 000 plant species from around the world, including exotic ones, cover a surface of 5 hectares. Park arboretum is made in the English style with flower floor in the central and west part of the garden.
Trg Marka Marulića 9A, 10000, Zagreb