The Lotrščak Tower was built in the middle of the 13th century to guard the southern gate of the town wall!
a former small gate Dverce, which was demolished in 1812, during the reconstruction of the southern promenade, today called the Strossmayer Promenade. The tower is the best preserved building of the former defence system of Gradec. The name is derived from Latin „campana latrunculorum“, the Bell of Thief as it was called, referring to the bell hung in the tower to signal the closing of the town gates. Instead of the Bell of Thief, the Grič Cannon is fired from the tower each day at noon since the 1 January 1877 until present time. The blasting of the Zagreb’s cannon has become one of its traditions and the most peaceful one in the world.
Tomićeva ul. 9, 10000, Zagreb